Sunday 1 June 2008

Things I have said to my mother today

  • Because I don't know what we're doing 23 weeks on Sunday
  • We should be free for dinner, yes
  • Hang on, that's near Christmas
  • It gets really fixed up
  • I know you're fixing us up, but I don't know if we'll be free
  • Yes we're free now
  • Fine, see you 23 weeks on Sunday
  • No, no I was just joking, of course we'll see you before then
  • I'm well aware you're only 10 minutes away
  • I'm not sure what I want for Christmas
  • Because it's June
  • I'll have a think and let you know
  • No don't think of something yourself
  • OK, I'll let you know by tomorrow
  • We're just getting over the shock
  • Of the burglary
  • Yes I know, it was awful
  • What do you mean you know just how we feel?
  • When were you ever burgled?
  • You dreamt it
  • That's hardly the same
  • Oh it is, right
  • Poor you
  • I'm so glad victim support were helpful
  • And the Samaritans
  • Yes I'll give them a call now

5 comments:

Frog in the Field said...

Your lists are just fab, very very funny.
What is it with Mothers though? Am I destined to be the same irritating headless wonder that I am occasionally visited by?
OHMYGOD!!
Shall I open red or white?

Millennium Housewife said...

Both!

Nunhead Mum of One said...

My mother in law tried to convince me this afternoon that "abandoning" my son for an entire weekend will result in him becoming a crack addict/thrill seeking junkie by the time he's 16. She cited the fact that he's already "quite partial" to a jelly tot. I see what she's saying....jelly tots are quite lethal, I choked on one once.

When I pointed out that he'd be having a lovely time with his Auntie Bea and his cousins she made a face that suggested she was thinking "and that's good is it?"

Carolyn said...

Hilarious again. I just love your lists of things you've said. Funny stuff.

Laura Jane Williams said...

Mama's, eh? Who'd have 'em?

(Great blog, over from Froggies place x)